TEAM ESPLANADE & the Boston Marathon
CONGRATULATIONS to our 2021 TEAM ESPLANADE runners on their major accomplishment of completing the 125th Boston Marathon! Not only did our runners cross the iconic finish line on Boylston Street on October 11, 2021, but they collectively raised over $100,000 for the Esplanade. We are so grateful to all those that supported our runners with donations, cheers, and running along with them. Thank you all!
The Esplanade is the premier running trail in Greater Boston. Each year, the excitement builds for the Boston Marathon runners who turn to the Esplanade’s riverfront pathways and footbridges as the setting for their training runs.
We are eagerly waiting to hear about the Boston Athletic Association’s Official Charity Program participation for the 126th Boston Marathon. Please stay informed by sharing your name and email by clicking the button below.
Looking to extend your support for the Esplanade today? Become a member now!
2021 TEAM ESPLANADE Highlights
Photos 1 and 5 through 11 by Pat Arroyo.
TEAM ESPLANADE runners support:
The Esplanade Association (Esplanade.org) is a privately-funded nonprofit organization whose work to revitalize, enhance, program, and maintain the park includes:
- HORTICULTURE: Caring for a lush canopy of trees, maintaining beautiful gardens, and leading 2,000 volunteers a year who help care for the park
- ARTS & CULTURE: Commissioning public art, including three new murals in 2019, and showcasing local musical acts on the Hatch Shell Stage
- HEALTH & FITNESS: Hosting seasonal 5Ks and dozens of free fitness classes, jointly caring for the Teddy Ebersol’s Red Sox Fields, and partnering to launch the B.A.A. & Esplanade Association Morning Run Club
- CHILDREN & FAMILIES: Building & maintaining two Esplanade playgrounds, hosting free field days for local summer camps, and hosting family-friendly events, tours, and scavenger hunts
- PARK ENHANCEMENTS: Installing new welcome signs with mileage maps, rehabbing historic monuments and park elements, and partnering to bring the popular Owl’s Nest beer garden to the park (a great place for a post-run refreshment!)