TEAM ESPLANADE & the Boston Marathon
The Esplanade is the premier running trail in Greater Boston. Each year, the excitement builds for the Boston Marathon runners who turn to the Esplanade’s riverfront pathways and footbridges as the setting for their training runs.
We are proud to be a part of the Boston Athletic Association’s Charity Program for the 126th Boston Marathon on April 18, 2022. We have 16 amazing runners that are striving for their Boylston Moment. Help them get there by supporting TEAM ESPLANADE today!
TEAM ESPLANADE Runner Benefits:
Opportunity to run the 2022 Boston Marathon without a qualifying time including:
- Race day transportation
- Team gear, including race singlet
- Finish Line meeting spot and storage in our Copley Office
- No additional administrative fees
Coaching and a personalized training program:
- Opportunities for group runs on and off marathon route
- Support from a professional marathon coach
Exclusive Esplanade Perks:
- Tickets to select 2022 Esplanade Association Events including:
- 4 bibs to the Esplanade 5K (May 2022)
- 2 tickets to the Esplanade Dock Party (July 2022)
- Exclusive and special event invites and experiences through fundraising incentives to be announced
- One-year Esplanade Association Membership
- 50 bulbs will be planted in the park in your or a loved one’s honor
- The opportunity to build meaningful relationships with EA staff, your fellow runners, and others
Fundraising and Marketing Assistance:
- Esplanade Association-hosted group fundraising event
- A personal fundraising page on GivenGain
- Social media sharing to broaden your audience
- Marketing support for runner-hosted fundraising events
- Fundraising and marketing tips and tricks
- The Esplanade Association accepts matching gifts towards your fundraising goal
TEAM ESPLANADE Runner Commitment:
- Run the 2022 Boston Marathon on behalf of TEAM ESPLANADE and agree to fundraise at least $9,000
- Abide by all terms and conditions required by the B.A.A. for participation in the 2022 Boston Marathon
- Submit a timely B.A.A. Marathon Registration and pay B.A.A. Registration Fee by the February 10, 2022 deadline
- Represent the Esplanade Association with energy and enthusiasm for our mission!
- Pay a $100 nonrefundable team deposit. This $100 deposit will be paid via your personal fundraising page upon acceptance and will count towards your total fundraising goal.
Did you already qualify for the 2022 Boston Marathon? You’re also welcome to join TEAM ESPLANADE!
- Run the 2022 Boston Marathon on behalf of TEAM ESPLANADE and agree to fundraise at least $500
- Abide by all other requirements above
TEAM ESPLANADE runners support:
The Esplanade Association (Esplanade.org) is a privately-funded nonprofit organization whose work to revitalize, enhance, program, and maintain the park includes:
- HORTICULTURE: Caring for a lush canopy of trees, maintaining beautiful gardens, and leading 2,000 volunteers a year who help care for the park
- ARTS & CULTURE: Commissioning public art, including three new murals in 2019, and showcasing local musical acts on the Hatch Shell Stage
- HEALTH & FITNESS: Hosting seasonal 5Ks and dozens of free fitness classes, jointly caring for the Teddy Ebersol’s Red Sox Fields, and partnering to launch the B.A.A. & Esplanade Association Morning Run Club
- CHILDREN & FAMILIES: Building & maintaining two Esplanade playgrounds, hosting free field days for local summer camps, and hosting family-friendly events, tours, and scavenger hunts
- PARK ENHANCEMENTS: Installing new welcome signs with mileage maps, rehabbing historic monuments and park elements, and partnering to bring the popular Owl’s Nest beer garden to the park (a great place for a post-run refreshment!)
2021 TEAM ESPLANADE Highlights
CONGRATULATIONS to our 2021 TEAM ESPLANADE runners on their major accomplishment of completing the 125th Boston Marathon! Not only did our runners cross the iconic finish line on Boylston Street on October 11, 2021, but they collectively raised over $110,000 for the Esplanade. We are so grateful to all those that supported our runners with donations, cheers, and running along with them. Thank you all!
Photos 1 and 5 through 11 by Pat Arroyo.
Looking to extend your support for the Esplanade today? Become a member now!