Group Volunteer Opportunities
Group Volunteer Days in the park
Bring your company’s employees to volunteer on the Esplanade as part of our award-winning Volunteer Program!
Volunteering on the Esplanade is a great way to build team camaraderie while participating in a visible philanthropic effort to keep Boston’s iconic riverside park beautiful!. Volunteers report a sense of pride caring for a public space that they are likely to return to with friends and family.
If you are interested in scheduling a separate volunteer opportunity on the Esplanade, please email Programs & Marketing Assistant, Emma Feeney, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Activities May Include:
- Painting benches or fencing
- Litter pick-up/park beautification
- Sweeping park pathways
- Planting bulbs (fall)
- Raking leaves (fall)
Scheduling and Time Commitment
- A maximum of 12 volunteers are permitted per project site
- Volunteer days are two hours
- Volunteer days are scheduled for Tuesday or Thursday
- During winter and late fall, we will continue to schedule volunteers at the park as long as the weather is favorable.
- Each group is required to designate one or more volunteer leaders from their group who will be present during the event to assist with coordination.
Read our FAQs here.
Please email Programs & Marketing Assistant, Emma Feeney, email@example.com if you have any questions. We would love to set up a volunteer day for your group!
Volunteer Sponsorship Donation
Coordinating Volunteer Days and maintaining the Park has both operational and material costs for the Esplanade Association. Because of this, we ask our corporate and for-profit volunteer groups to support our management of this program with a tax-deductible donation to the Esplanade Association. This mandatory fee is based on the size of your group. Your organization will be recognized for your support on EA’s Facebook and Twitter pages. View suggested donation levels.