Group Volunteer Opportunities
21st Annual Charles River Cleanup (POSTPONED)
The 21st Annual Charles River Cleanup, originally scheduled for Saturday, April 25, 2020 is POSTPONED to Fall 2020. A new date will be announced in the future.
The Program Partners are committed to safely continuing the largest river clean-up in the country this year once it clear that the event can be held.
If you have already registered, we will follow-up with you once a new date is determined. To pre-register for the fall event or to get on the list to be notified of the new date, contact the Program Partner managing your preferred site.
Thank you for your patience and thank you to our partners at the Massachusetts Department of Conservation & Recreation for working with us on the postponement and for keeping our state parks open during this period of uncertainty.
Group Volunteer Days in the park
Bring your company’s employees to volunteer on the Esplanade as part of our award-winning Volunteer Program!
Volunteering on the Esplanade is a great way to build team camaraderie while participating in a visible philanthropic effort to keep Boston’s iconic riverside park beautiful!. Volunteers report a sense of pride caring for a public space that they are likely to return to with friends and family.
If you are interested in scheduling a separate volunteer opportunity on the Esplanade, please email Programs & Marketing Assistant, Emma Feeney, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Activities May Include:
- Painting benches or fencing
- Planting new gardens and bulbs
- Removing invasive plants or weeds
- Sweeping park pathways
- Raking leaves
Scheduling and Time Commitment
- A minimum of 15 confirmed participants is required to set up a group day. Please email us to inquire about hosting groups larger than 100 people.
- Volunteer days are three hours long (longer by request)
- Volunteer days are typically scheduled for Tuesday or Thursday (others by request)
- During winter and late fall, we will continue to schedule volunteers at the park as long as the weather is favorable.
- Each group is required to designate one or more volunteer leaders from their group who will be present during the event to assist with coordination.
Read our FAQs here.
Please email Programs & Marketing Assistant, Emma Feeney, email@example.com if you have any questions. We would love to set up a volunteer day for your group!
Volunteer Sponsorship Donation
Coordinating Volunteer Days and maintaining the Park has both operational and material costs for the Esplanade Association. Because of this, we ask our corporate and for-profit volunteer groups to support our management of this program with a tax-deductible donation to the Esplanade Association. This mandatory fee is based on the size of your group. Your organization will be recognized for your support on EA’s Facebook and Twitter pages. View suggested donation levels or to make a donation click here.